The success of the Texas Agricultural Education and Heritage Center depends solely upon volunteers. These individuals are your fellow community members – farmers, ranchers, homemakers – parents, grandparents, and youth – business leaders, laborers and members of service organizations – and maybe even you.
Persons willing to volunteer at the center may:
- Call the number above.
- Leave your name, phone number and a message indicating which activity, demonstration, or service with which you would be able to help.
- Complete the Volunteer Form or email us. Or you can swing by in person.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Mornings when field trips are scheduled, usually from about 8:30 to 2:00 or less
- Dairy Cow
- Field Crops
- Spinning, Weaving
- School House
- Log Cabin
- Butter Churn
- Sun, Wind, Water – Soil Conservation
- General Store
- Farm Safety & Equipment
- Kitchen help with meal preparations to feed volunteers (usually about 20-25 people)
- Tour Guides on an as needed basis
- Decorating, Organizing
- Country Christmas & other events
A Heartfelt Note of Thanks to All of Our Volunteers!
The Texas Agricultural Education and Heritage Center is the passion and product of many wonderful people who understand its mission and are more than willing to donate their valuable time, their many talents and their treasures to keep it alive for those in future generations. On behalf of the numerous children and adults who derive such pleasure from their visits to the Ag Center, and the many communities that are directly served by it, we wish to express our heartfelt gratitude to all of you who make this the wonderful place it has become.