Second Weekend in December – Open to the Public
Bring the family and join the fun as we celebrate Christmas from the years past.
Christmas trees are decorated in the tradition of the diverse cultures in Texas and a variety of Nativity scenes are displayed inside the Red Barn. Visitors can enjoy Christmas music and other live entertainment performed while they enjoy a hot bowl of barbecue-on-a-bun, chili & tamales, hot chocolate, cobbler & cookies, ice cream or other tasty menu item.
Bring your coats and bundle up!
The country village comes alive with decorations, activities, demonstrations and treats for visitors to enjoy!
- Church Services
- Nativity Scene
- Live farm animals
- Visit with Santa
- Christmas Music
- Roast Marshmallows on a stick over an open campfire
- Train Ride
- Stroll through the Village
- Enjoy Cider and a visit in the General Store
- Decorate and sample Sugar Cookies in a farm house
- Arts & crafts in the One Room School House
- Sample Homemade Sausage and watch how it was made
- Sausage making demonstration
- Savor warmth, hospitality and tradition inside the nostalgic Village
- Farm Houses
- Pecan Museum
- All Village Buildings, Museum Exhibits and Displays will be open.
NEW for 2017!! Country Christmas 5K, Wassial Contest, Cookie Contest. Watch here and on our Facebook page for updates.
Volunteers are generally present to provide explanations and answers to questions.