The Mission of the Center is to educate the public and our young people about the importance of agriculture in our society and to promote the heritage of farming and ranching in Texas.
The objectives of the Texas Agriculture Education and Heritage Center are to:
- Teach the public and young people where food and fiber come from
- Have large numbers of school students and young people to visit the Center, learn about agriculture and the value it has brought to our country
- Be a tourist attraction that will bring people from Texas, the U.S. and beyond to visit and learn about the heritage of the area
- Develop a farming village of the 19th century, and
- build the Texas dome to tie the Center together and have displays on all periods of Texas History
The Texas Agricultural Education & Heritage Center is a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code.